Discounted Medical Plans arise like a necessity for people that do not qualify for Health Insurances due to preexisting conditions of health, migratory status or because there is no room for this expense in their budget to maintain coverage.
In 2004, the Department of Insurances in Florida established regulatory statues on these types of medical services. Previously there was fraud issues where these people who purchase these insurances and when it came time to utilize them, these insurance did not exist. Many of these companies or medical centers that supplied them did not tell the truth regarding services that were offered.
In my opinion, the Medical Plans are a GREAT solution for those people who I referred to in the first paragraph in this writing piece. I have seen throughout my years of working experience this type of business 3 great errors: Two that sell or assist to advise and one which they buy.
1. People who sell Discounted Plans without being a license insurance agent(not necessary according to Florida law) but when you do not own a license, you do not know other options and press or say lies to prospects so that they buy the Discounted Plan as if it was the only or the best available option.
It is not the only, nor the best option. It is simply an option but is available for a sector of the determined market. Basically, it is offered for those with average or low incomes, ill people and without social insurance, and for all who wish it even though they qualify for whichever Health Insurance.
It is similar someone’s decision to eat “bread with butter.” Where do you eat it? Would you eat it in a cafeteria or in a 5 star restaurant? Of course what you eat is also important but you examine the quality, comfort, and price.
1. Some Licensed Insurance Agents who do not totally understand how the Discounted Medical Plans work say foolish things covered by their license that scare people that they do not qualify for Health Insurance or do not want to spend a lot of money in taking care of their health. Basically, I have heard them say …”That does not work” and when i have asked them why it doesn’t, they do not have a response or their response holds no foundation.
I have seen fabricated and foolish things in articles on the internet in which the person writes whatever they felt like writing like i am doing right now but with a difference. I do not plead in favor of the Medical Plan or Health Insurance. I try to give everyone each concept that exists because personally, what suits me is what suits my customer. The customer should always be satisfied, know what they bought, can pay it, and can follow the industry for over 10 years.
1. The people who buy the Discounted Plan tend to not read the terms and conditions of enrollment. They are unaware how the plan functions and generally compare it with some Health Insurance of a family member, friend, or from someone who had at one time.
People who think that paying monthly means they do not have to pay anything more. Some aspire to make payments less than $100.00 per month for a family and receive for example, original medications with high prices for $5 or $10 or go to unlimited doctor visits during the year. They wish to pay $5 or $10 and ask that all needed checkups be given for free.
The examples I referred to before do not exist in the Unites States. In all insurances exists co-payments, deductibles, out of pocket (maximum) expenses or coinsurances.
1. Never decide on the first offer given. Request quotes, read, and compare. The information of all available companies are within hands reach on the internet. Know exactly what you are going to buy.
2. Verify the company of interest or that is being proposed to you, especially if it is a Discounted Plan.
You can do so by calling the telephone number (877)693-5236 (available in Spanish). In the same way, you can verify if any complaints exists that the company has had.
1. Insurance Agents, Sales Representatives, Solicitors or whatever name they go by, Do not play with the health of others in exchange for receiving commission. Prepare yourself and know how each healthcare available option works.
Visit us on www.amegosmedicalplan.com (For Medical Plans); www.lookinghelp.com(For Health Insurances). Contact us through (305) 400-4843, (786) 445-220
Discount Medical Plan is regulated by the Department of Insurance Regulation in Florida which is similar to another type of insurance. The DMPO should be presented and approved by this department. All requirements must be met according to Florida statues.
The DMPO is a great solution. The DMPO is not an insurance nor intended to replace one:
Members should understand this concept for a better use of the benefits and services. All service should be paid the moment you receive services.
DMPO companies prohibit making payments directly to service providers. These companies are are the only ones who can pre-negotiate the prices for services. The prices may vary according to different suppliers, specialities, and locations.
In cases of hospitalization and emergency, only these companies can negotiate discounted pricing pre-contracted by the networks at the national level. Discounts of the prices can be higher than 30% up to 70% or 80%. In some cases, the hospitals require a minimum payment before being discharged to be added to the final invoice. In some cases of elective surgeries, hospitals require payment before entering for service at the hospital.
The best way to know your case is by maintaining a direct contact with your DMPO company and providing the information requested.
The DMPO is regulated by “The 2009 Florida Statues.” Title XXXVII: Insurances
Chapter 636: Organizations of health services of limited prepayment and organizations of the Discounted Medical Plan
Part II: Discounted Medical Plan Organizations
636.202 Definitions- As it is used in this part, the terms:
(1) “Discounted Medical Plan” signifies an agreement of business or contract in which quotes, rates, or other considerations allow the access of the plan members to medical services and the right to received medical services from suppliers with a discount. The term “ Plan of Medical Discounts” does not include whichever product regulated by chapter 627, chapter 641, or part 1 of this chapter.
The following information must be done in writing to any potential member and must be on the front page of any publicity, material of marketing or pamphlets regarding a medical plan of discount. The revelations must be printed in no less than 12 point type:
1. That the plan in not an insurance
2. That the plan provides discounts by certain suppliers with attention to health by medical services
3. That the plan does not make payments directly to medical service providers
4. That the member of this plan is obligated to pay al services of health by will receive a discount by those suppliers of health that have been contracted through the organization of the plan of discount.
5. The name and address of the Discounted Medical Plan Organization with license
6. The program of the card of discount has a 30 day cancellation period.
7. Members will receive a complete reimbursement for affiliation fees excluding fees of inscription if the member cancels the plan in the first 30 days after the date of use.
8. The plan does not provide insurance coverage and does not fulfill the minimum requirements for accredible coverage under MGL c. 111M and 956 CMR 5.00.
9. The range of discount for medical or auxiliary services provided under the plan will vary depending on the type of provider and medical or auxiliary services received.
If the initial contract is made by phone, the disclosures required by this section will be done in an oral form and initial materials should always be written in order to describe the benefits under the medical plan of discount provided to possible prospects and new members.
Discount Medical Plan (DMPO) provide you with:
The discount medical card program makes available before purchase and upon request, a list of provider programs that include the name, city, state, and specialties from each provider with services located in the area of the card holder.
We hope to have provided true satisfaction to help you understand how to use discounted plans. Amigos Medical Plan is one option that fulfills all expressed requirements whose team strives to provide the best service to its members. We hope you become part of our large family.
!!! AN AMAZING OPPORTUNITY!!!
The health industry provides formidable options of satisfaction at a professional and economical level for which beautiful work takes place.
An employment opportunity within these moments in which everyday it becomes more difficult the job is to Become a Solicitor (salesperson of medical plans). This person has yet to obtain a license required for insurance sales, but can work in sales for Medical Plans or Discount Plans.
This type of work constitutes a formidable source for work and income for several reasons:
1. In terms of the market, there exists millions of people without any kind of health protection or others with insufficient protection.
2. You will always have a job because there will always be someone to sell these options of health to
3. it is a sales job like others that requires strict discipline. You are your own boss managing your own time who also, decides and puts a price on your effort, dedication, and results.
4. It is a highly professional job that allows further development in this field.
5. On a daily, you interact with different people with different needs and possibilities.
6. A true professional gives advice and help to each one of these people.
7. About the possibilities of income: They are unlimited. Everything depends on your dedication and preparation. The different companies pay significant amounts of commission for sales, including in many cases, bonds and the significant residual income that you are creating to which your product of sales grows month after month.
To sum it up, I could tell you that it is something magical. Those that come never leave. Those that come become enamored by their jobs and enjoy it to the fullest. The writer has dedicated the last twelve years of his life to this industry with fruitful work results including the formation of salespeople.
!!! Give Faith to the best Salespeople of Miami!!!
Call me at (786) 445-2200. Do not miss the opportunity to become a AGENT, and if you decide to obtain your license and expand your possibilities.