READ CAREFULLY AND GET GREAT BENEFITS. WE ARE COMMITED 100% WITH YOUR SATISFACTION. HELP YOURSELF AND LET US HELP YOU TOO
Q: WHAT IS AMIGOS MEDICAL PLAN?
A: AMIGOS MEDICAL PLAN, a Discount Medical Plan Organization (DMPO) licensed in the State of Florida.
TITLE XXXVII INSURANCE Ch.624-651
Chapter 624 INSURANCE CODE: ADMINISTRATION AND GENERAL
CHAPTER 636: DISCOUNT MEDICAL PLAN ORGANIZATIONS
PART II: DISCOUNT MEDICAL PLAN ORGANIZATIONS (ss. 636.202 - 636.244)
636.202: Definitions: As used in this part, the term:
(2) "Discount medical plan organization" means an entity which, in exchange for fees, dues, charges, or other consideration, provides access for plan members to providers of medical services and the right to receive medical services from those providers at a discount.
Q: WHAT IS THE CONCEPT OF THE DMPO?
A: DISCOUNT MEDICAL PLAN (DMPO) provides you with:
- Primary Care Physician,
- Diagnostic Centers,
- Urgent Care Centers,
- Pharmacy Plans,
- Hospitalizations: Scheduled, Elective and Cosmetic Surgeries and Maternal Care
- Discounts in Other Medical Services:
- Vision Care, Hearing Aid, Dentists,
- Chiropractic, Durable Medical Equipment
- Q) What does PCP mean?
- A) PCP means Primary Care Physician, your main doctor, elected for you. Your PCP is who you go for any medical care
- Q) What do I need to do to make an appointment with my Primary Care Physician?
- A) You may choose to do the following, contact us through:
Members call AMIGOS at (305) 400 – 4843 and leave a message with the requested information according to your request.
- Email or Fax:
Your request may be sent to Amigos Medical Plan too by;
- e_mail: email@example.com
- fax: (305) 517 - 3470
Amigos Medical Plan in less than 24 hours will contact you with the solution for your request
- Q) How long does it take to have my first appointment after becoming a Member?
- A) It could take as short as 24 hours depending of the schedule of each PCP. Normally in 48 hours you are helped by your
Primary Care Physician.
- Q) What documents do I need to provide for service?
- A) Only you’re Member Id Card, as Amigos Medical Plan member
- Q) What do I need to do to make an appointment for FREE Promotional Services?
- A) You may choose to do the following:
- Call at Amigos Medical Plan, at (305) 400 – 4843,
- By fax (305) 517 – 3470,
- E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Amigos Medical Plan in maximum time of 24 hours will respond your request.
Free Promotions Services may be performed only in some practicals medical previously contracted for AMIGOS.
The Promotional FREE Services may be complete, including:
- Comp. Metabolic
- Lipid Panel
The Promotional FREE Services may be "Limited" to some of them, according to contract previously signed.
In all case you may call prior to Amigos Medical Plan. The appointment for FREE Promotions Services will be ONLY through AMP.
If you go directly any practical medical not contracted for these benefits YOU PAY completely these services.
If you go directly any practical medical previously contracted for these benefits without appointment through AMP YOU PAY completely these services.
- Q) What are regulations or restrictions for FREE Preventive Checkups?
- A) There are not restrictions for Free Promotional Services.
- Available after first membership month, cannot be repetitive during the year and cannot combined with any other promotions.
- Available for only one member monthly
- Services will be rendered, only in the centers designated for such purpose.
- The members cannot make directly appointment for FREE Promotional Services. These benefits are performed through the Company.
- Q) What is Eligibility for services?
- A) ELIGIBILITY
In all cases MEMBERS before providing services, will contact the company and verify his/her eligibility in term of:
- Time to receive the service and
- Update on the monthly payment.
In all cases member contact Amigos Medical Plan calling at (305) 400 – 4843 or send email at: email@example.com, for soliciting authorization for anything Services or FREE Preventive Checkups. This soliciting might be with 5 (five) days before the date that members want to receive services. All Appointments are performed through the Company, except follow visits.
- Q) When are my monthly payments due?
- A) Payments are due in advance every month according to application signed date.
- Q) What is Grace Period?
- A) The Grace Period is the time after due date of a premium during which the policy remains in force without penalty. The Grace Period is 15 days after due date. After Grace Period your services are temporarily suspended..
- Q) Can I go to any doctor for services?
- A) No, only to providers who is part of the AMP network. You should review it periodically to the website www.amigosmedicalplan.com "Members" (Providers Directory) as the providers may change without prior notice and constantly increase input to the providers. Only we accept out network Free Preventive Checkups (Mammogram & PAP Smear).
- Q) Can you change my monthly payment as happens periodically in Health Insurance?
- A) No, your monthly payment is not changed, except you change your plan from Individual to Family or Group or vice versa. The monthly payment remains during the membership time.
- Q) Can providers change fee of services?
- A) Yes, taking into account the fluctuation of the market, providers can change prices for services without prior notice.
- Q) Besides the regular monthly payment, I must add some extra pay for certain programs among the AMP?
- A) NO, your monthly payment includes all services included in AMP for the care and maintenance preventive health such as Office Visit, Specialist, Labs, Diagnostic, Urgent Care, Emergency Room, Hospital for Programmed, Elective or Cosmetic Surgeries and Maternal Care, Nuclear Medicine, X-ray, Bone Densitometry, Colonoscopy and different procedures listed in the Schedule of Benefits. Also includes without additional payment different Program as; Dental, Vision, Hearing and Pharmacy. (See Summary of Benefits in Your Profile)
- Q) What documents need to complete to enroll in AMP?
- A) To enroll in the Plan of AMP, you can do it through online, by phone or directly in the comfort of your home visited by one of our Agents or Solicitors. In those cases the enrollment process is easy. We recommend you get this process under the advice of one of our Agents or Solicitors properly trained. Only you need complete the Membership Enrollment Application Form.
- Q) Have I to sign a contract for a period of time with AMP?
- A) No, not permitted by Florida law. You sign an enrollment application month to month and cancel it when you decide.
You decide in whose hands puts you and your family health care.