Category : PromotionsAndNews
Discount Medical Plan is regulated by the Department of Insurance Regulation in Florida which is similar to another type of insurance. The DMPO should be presented and approved by this department. All requirements must be met according to Florida statues.
The DMPO is a great solution. The DMPO is not an insurance nor intended to replace one:
- The conditions of one’s health status is not important
- Immigration status does not matter.
- Age, Sex, height, and weight do not matter.
- Low income and several people within the family
- Immediate and unlimited access to services
- Fixed monthly payment for the time of affiliation
- Prices for services pre-negotiated or discounted
- References are not needed for specialist visits
- You receive service through the network
- In the majority of cases, all appointments are made through the DMPO companies
- There are no deductibles, co-insurances, or maximum for life
Members should understand this concept for a better use of the benefits and services. All service should be paid the moment you receive services.
DMPO companies prohibit making payments directly to service providers. These companies are are the only ones who can pre-negotiate the prices for services. The prices may vary according to different suppliers, specialities, and locations.
In cases of hospitalization and emergency, only these companies can negotiate discounted pricing pre-contracted by the networks at the national level. Discounts of the prices can be higher than 30% up to 70% or 80%. In some cases, the hospitals require a minimum payment before being discharged to be added to the final invoice. In some cases of elective surgeries, hospitals require payment before entering for service at the hospital.
The best way to know your case is by maintaining a direct contact with your DMPO company and providing the information requested.
The DMPO is regulated by “The 2009 Florida Statues.” Title XXXVII: Insurances
Chapter 636: Organizations of health services of limited prepayment and organizations of the Discounted Medical Plan
Part II: Discounted Medical Plan Organizations
636.202 Definitions- As it is used in this part, the terms:
(1) “Discounted Medical Plan” signifies an agreement of business or contract in which quotes, rates, or other considerations allow the access of the plan members to medical services and the right to received medical services from suppliers with a discount. The term “ Plan of Medical Discounts” does not include whichever product regulated by chapter 627, chapter 641, or part 1 of this chapter.
The following information must be done in writing to any potential member and must be on the front page of any publicity, material of marketing or pamphlets regarding a medical plan of discount. The revelations must be printed in no less than 12 point type:
1. That the plan in not an insurance
2. That the plan provides discounts by certain suppliers with attention to health by medical services
3. That the plan does not make payments directly to medical service providers
4. That the member of this plan is obligated to pay al services of health by will receive a discount by those suppliers of health that have been contracted through the organization of the plan of discount.
5. The name and address of the Discounted Medical Plan Organization with license
6. The program of the card of discount has a 30 day cancellation period.
7. Members will receive a complete reimbursement for affiliation fees excluding fees of inscription if the member cancels the plan in the first 30 days after the date of use.
8. The plan does not provide insurance coverage and does not fulfill the minimum requirements for accredible coverage under MGL c. 111M and 956 CMR 5.00.
9. The range of discount for medical or auxiliary services provided under the plan will vary depending on the type of provider and medical or auxiliary services received.
If the initial contract is made by phone, the disclosures required by this section will be done in an oral form and initial materials should always be written in order to describe the benefits under the medical plan of discount provided to possible prospects and new members.
Discount Medical Plan (DMPO) provide you with:
The discount medical card program makes available before purchase and upon request, a list of provider programs that include the name, city, state, and specialties from each provider with services located in the area of the card holder.
- Primary Physicians
- Diagnostic Centers
- Urgent Care centers
- Pharmacy Plans
- Hospitalizations for Surgeries, Maternity.
- Discount on other medical services
- Care for Vision, Hearing assistance, Dentist, Chiropractor, durable medical equipment
We hope to have provided true satisfaction to help you understand how to use discounted plans. Amigos Medical Plan is one option that fulfills all expressed requirements whose team strives to provide the best service to its members. We hope you become part of our large family.